The Old Roman Catholic Church Parish of St. Andrews in Toronto and Newmarket Area
The Old Roman Catholic Church Parish of St. Andrews in Toronto and Newmarket Area

About Us

     Separated From Roman Catholic Church over the Dogma of Papal Infallibility took place during the first Vatican council in 1870.  From the separation came the Old Catholic Church, with some of those bishops forming the Old Catholic Church of Utrecht

 

1908:

Bishop H.A Mathew-

      Consecrated by Gerardus Gul Archbishop of Utrecht. Was the First Bishop of the English Old Roman Catholic Church

 

1911:

     The Independent and Automomous Old Roman Catholic Church (English Rite) was established in Great Britian under Bishop H. A. Mathew, with valid Episcopate.

     St. Andrew the Mission of Mercy was founded on May 5th, 1957.  Under the direction of Bishop Nelson Hillyer.

 

1964:

     Incorporation of the Ontario Old Roman Catholic Church, as a non-profit.

 

2007:

     We celebrated 50 years of inner city Ministry, while providing the 7 sacraments of the Catholic Church to Toronto and the GTA.

 

2015:

     Eric Samuel Reynolds was elected bishop by local Bishops, board of directors, and the congregation to become the new Bishop of O.O.R.C.C.

 

2016:

     Eric Samuel Reynolds was consecrated to Bishop by Stuart J. Watson on Jan. 30, 2016.  

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© St, Andrews Old Roman Catholic Church in Toronto - 1&1 IONOS MyWebsite